Recently, Bettina Rheims, considered as vulgar
or at least tasteless by many critics, publicized photographical collection
about live of Jesus Christ. New testament changed into clashfull story.
Text was written by Serge Bramly (born on the 31 January 1949, working
in Paris as historian and novel-writter, he wrote biography of Leonardo
da Vinci), he choose 140 photos with Bettina Rheims together. This project
has budget about 140 thousand USD! Society accept this contraverse
collection in many ways:
- Magazine Figaro: "blasfemic and vulgar"
- General secretary of french episcopal conference: "I doubt about catechetal value of collection."
- Random visitor of collection: "It is quite interesting but it's real blasphemy!"
- Jospain :-): "I don't like it much, but in any case it is real art, because you must think and feel something over every photo."
...and the other side ....
- Bettina Theims: "We didn't want to shock anyone."
- Serge Bramly: "The church invented the art. The church gave the first chance to artists to explite themselves...so it is returning of art to its parents."
To understand Bettina Rheims you must understand her work. And who better descibe her art way as she in person:"My work must be art in all points - it is condition. I'm not photographing the real, all on my photos is false, unreal. Aranged and exactly ordered, even it seems not so in the first look. Example: Wine berries on one of my photo were too dark, so I had to color it to red."